Wednesday, December 30, 2009

King takes Queen...Mate

Congratulations, Mr. Sampson on your wedding to Darcy. I am so glad that this day has come to pass. You are 2 of the nicest, coolest people I have ever met and you deserve each other and the happiness that comes with being together. It's because of you, Larry, that I am a Gonzo (and I cannot imagine not being a Gonzo). I remember the first day we met as you became head instructor for the computer course at NSIT. What a nerdy, yakky, detailed guy...who has that much information squirreled away in their heads. Surely there is a better way to use that space.

Well, a lot of time has passed since then. We started running together, you introduced me to some Gonzos, I began racing, we became neighbours, we played a lot of chess, we had families and careers, we went on hiking and biking trips, we played darts and drank beer.

You still have an astounding amount of information in your head (and the ability to retrieve it!). I certainly hope that Darcy has placed some boundaries on your penchant for expounding on a large variety of subjects.

Here's to you and Darcy, a match that had to be.


No comments: