Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Remembrance Day - NZ

As a charter member of the Gonzo Adventure Club, I felt that it was duty to continue the age-old tradition of hiking on Remembrance Day to somewhere very peaceful and quiet. I am here in Arthur's Pass, part of the NZ Alps and hiked up the Avalanche Peak trail, arriving at 5,000 ft in a snowstorm just before 11:00 AM on Nov.11. I called Bruce Duffy, because it is very nice to share some of these little adventures, and we were 2 of the constants on the Remembrance Day camping the past 10 years or so.

Prior to this, I was in Greymouth on the West Coast for a few days of hiking, swimming, sunsets and jade hunting. Found a big piece and will upload a picture of it soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for that. looks a bit like our Christmas eve walkabouts we used to do. i preferred the old way though...no hearth up there I bet.

godspeed